Thursday, April 3, 2014

Liquid stone

It has been over a month since I did this one, but it is one of my favorites.

After many trials, I managed to do the liquid stone nailart. And I did try quiet a few different gel paints and curing times and various foils..


For this design, I made a french manicure with blue polish and a little bit of glitter. For the thumbnails I did a white shellac french, only because I had no time to wait for polish to dry completely..


Then I used a details brush and black paint gel from starnails.gr, a local supplier, and made a simple design. I cured for 2 minutes and applied a special gold foil. The foils that can be used for this type of nailart are super thin, and form little "breaks" easily. Most of the foils that I have from dollarnailart and other online suppliers don't work at all..


Then I used the same blue polish to fill the pattern, applied some mylars and filled with transparent IBD gel, so that the final result was a custom made jewel. I covered with a soak off top coat, so that I wouldn't ruin the foil look.


If you want to check the video on youtube, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment